Happy Giving Tuesday, S&G Community!
When people ask you how you’re doing, today is the one day you can say “I’m doing good,” and it’ll be 100% grammatically correct. So, go nuts.
The S&G Community Gives Back
From Black Friday through Cyber Monday, we gave S&G customers the option to donate 20% of their purchase order to a charity of their choice. To be clear, we’re donating the money, they’re choosing the charity. It’s a team effort.
Well, the final numbers are in. Drumroll, please.
No drumroll? Cool, cool. We’ll just get to it then.
Total Number of Charities
S&G customers selected over 125 different charities to donate our hard-earned money to. Environmental charities were selected 143 times, topping the list. After that came animal-related charities with 47 donations.
Sustainability and furballs? Clearly, these are our people.
Total Cash Donations
All told, we donated over $12,500 to these 125 different charities. Donations ranged from $4 to $103, with an average donation of $31.
Again, the donations are based on a percentage of the customer’s checkout total, so an order of eucalyptus pillow cases will be less than an order containing a eucalyptus comforter or eucalyptus sheet set.
Regardless of the amount, we’re incredibly grateful for the S&G community and we're honored to be able to donate this much money to this many charities.
Our customers selected a healthy range of causes this year, but several stood out. Considering the year we’ve all endured, supporting these particular charities makes a lot of sense.
The top five charities selected from Black Friday through Cyber Monday were World Wildlife Fund, Direct Relief, St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, Feeding America, and the ACLU.
So, a big thanks to our customers who took the time to help us distribute money where it’s needed most. We know it will go to good use and we literally couldn’t have done it without you.
Other ways you can contribute on Giving Tuesday
Didn’t get a chance to donate to charity through our 20/20 promotion? No problem. There are plenty of ways to do some good today (and every day, if you feel so inclined).
- Call a friend or relative you haven’t talked to in awhile.
- Do something nice for a healthcare worker or essential employee.
- Pet a dog (always a good option).
- Wear your mask over your nose.
- Rake an elderly neighbor's lawn (and then maybe let them jump in the pile once or twice).
- Offer to buy or deliver groceries for someone who’s ill or immunocompromised.
- Air hug your significant other/best friend/roommate.
- Donate your old cotton sheets to a homeless shelter (or, if you're feeling extra generous, your new eucalyptus sheets 😉).