SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
We may share personal information with our service providers, including those who assist us with marketing, and with other trusted parties whom we believe offer products or services that may be of interest to you.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located. Furthermore, information that you provide when making a purchase will be transmitted and shared with third parties that may be located in other countries, in order to provide services to you, including but not limited to transaction processing and fraud prevention.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about store visits and the pages being viewed.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
SECTION 10 – CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN
As part of our crowdfunding launch, we will be collecting email addresses in order to inform those who sign up of our launch on Indiegogo.
As part of your sign up, you will automatically be entered into our giveaway, rules noted below:
- Description: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Sheets & Giggles Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins on March 1, 2018 at 8:00 am Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on April 30, 2018 at 8:00 pm PT (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Sheets & Giggles. (“Sponsor”).
- Eligibility: Sheets & Giggles Sweepstakes and is open to anyone who is the age of majority in their home state at the time of entry. Employees of, or collaborators with, the Sponsor, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Each person who participates is an Entrant. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of the terms and conditions described herein (“Official Rules”). Winning the Sweepstakes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable country, federal, state, territorial, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- How To Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Sweepstakes Period, you must enter your information on the sign up page. You will automatically earn one entry into the Sweepstakes. No purchase required for entry. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged entries.
- Prize and Rewards: Prizes are indicated on the post-sign up entry page. No transfer or substitution for any prizes will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor due to prize unavailability for any reason, and, in such circumstance, an alternate prize/prize component of equal value will be awarded and the Sponsor’s obligation to the winners will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided.
- Sweepstakes Prize Drawing & Winner Notification: Sweepstakes Prize Winners will be selected in a random drawing to be conducted by the Sponsor from among all eligible votes/entries received by the end of the sweepstakes period. Referral Winners will also be notified at the conclusion of the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor’s decisions are final and legally binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes drawing. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Winner will be notified via email. The winner will have five days to respond. If a reply is not received by the deadline date in the email, winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected from among all entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Limitations of Liability and Release: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Entrants resulting from any user’s or Entrant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes, ability or inability to download any information in connection with participating. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator and Facebook and each of its related companies, their respective parents (if applicable) and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, and agents (“Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize whether or not caused by the negligence of the Released Parties. Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the submission process; (iv) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration, the processing of votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prize; (v) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen email; or (vi) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of prize or rewards (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Sweepstakes for any reason, including (but not limited to) if, for any reason, the Voting does not take place, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. If such cancelation occurs, Sponsor reserves the right to award prize from among all eligible entries received prior to cancelation and if the Sweepstakes cannot be run, prize will not be awarded. IN ADDITION, ALL ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF THE CONTENT OR OTHER INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY ENTRANTS.
- Winner List: Winner List requests for the Sweepstakes will only be accepted after the Sweepstakes end date (listed above) and no later than June 1, 2018. To request a copy of the name of the winners, contact Sheets & Giggles at email@example.com.
- The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used in the event you are determined the winner or if you have indicated that you would like to receive additional information from Sponsor.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.