It is well-known that most of the ghosts in the world look like they’re wearing a white sheet, but actually they are people who died trying to change duvet covers and got stuck in them.
So here’s our handy guide to putting on our gorgeous eucalyptus duvet covers without becoming a g-g-g-g-g-ghost!
Method 1: traditional
Traditional might be boring, but it works!
- Lay the duvet out flat on the bed running lengthwise.
- Turn the duvet cover inside out and put it on top of the duvet, with the closed end where the tag is and the open end towards you.
- Reach inside the opening of the duvet cover until you can grab the top two corners. If you’re short remember to tell someone you’re doing this so they can send a search party in after you if you don’t come out again.
- Grab the left corner of the duvet with your left hand and the right corner with your right hand, and then pull them towards you and out through the opening and shake gently so the cover falls down over the whole duvet. Make sure to hold on tight when you shake it! Once its shaken down the whole way you can do up the fastenings.
Method 2: keep on rolling, rolling, rolling…
This is how duvets roll!
- Turn the duvet cover inside out and spread it out on the bed with the opening towards you at the bottom of the bed.
- Lay the duvet out on top of the cover, making sure the corners match up neatly.
- From the top of the bed, roll the duvet and cover together like a burrito, making sure you keep it neat. Once completely rolled up, put your hand in the duvet cover opening, and grab the whole rolled side portion of your duvet and duvet cover.
- Flip the side of the duvet cover over the side portion you are still holding onto. Do the same on the other side of the roll.
- Next even out the rest of the duvet. Flip the middle portion of the duvet cover over the middle portion of the duvet and unroll it back out towards the top of the bed.
- Grab the corners and shake to even it all out and then do the fastenings up!
Method 3: the cave explorer
- Lay the duvet cover out on the bed, with the opening at the bottom.
- Take hold of the top corners of the duvet, with the body of the duvet between your knees.
- Crawl inside the duvet cover through the opening and place the corners of the duvet into the corners of the cover.
- Slowly crawl out backwards, spreading the duvet out as you go, until you emerge and can put the bottom corners in place.
- Do up the fastenings!